Each player and object in the system has a home. This is the place it was created, or where the home has been set to. If an object gets lost in one of several ways, it will be sent to it's home.
The home command, the sweep command, the @teleport command, links on exits, drop-to being set, or the STICKY flag on an object, or the location an object is in being recycled can send an object home. If an object is linked to an action, when the action is triggered, the object will move to it's home.
In the MUCK system, all players, and all objects, have a room that is stored as thier "home". This home is used in several cases:
- A player returns home if they issue the home command.
- A player is returned home if they are moved there by another player while they are disconnected, with the sweep command.
- Things can be moved to thier home with the sweep command.
- Any thing with the STICKY flag set will return to its home when it is dropped.
- Any thing dropped in a room with a drop-to set to "home" will be sent home.
- Anything in a room that is removed from the system is sent to it's home.
- An object linked to an action is moved home when the action is triggered.
Homes are set with the @link command.
A thing's home starts off as the room in which it was created, if the player who creates the thing owns that room. If the player does not own the room, the new object's home is the player's home.
Players have a home set by the system when they are created, until they change it.
An exit may be linked to home, with @link, so that any player who uses that exit will be sent to thier home. They will keep thier inventory.
Drop-to can be set to home, so that items dropped in a room will be sent to thier homes.
@teleport accepts the word home as a destination, so objects can be sent to thier home. Wizards can send players to thier homes this way.
The home command returns a player home.
homeYou wake up back home, without your possessions.
An exit can be linked to send a player home.
@link exit=homeLinked to HOME.
A player or object's home can be set with the @link command.
@link thing=My RoomHome set.
An item can be sent home with @teleport.
Last edited by firstname.lastname@example.org on Fri Oct 12 18:12:53 2001.
Created by email@example.com on Mon Jun 12 20:03:09 2000