Scarred Lands Home
The Whole of the Law
When The Bough Breaks
Help Files (old)
Game Ground Rules
If you are reading this, chances are you've expressed some interest
in playing in a campaign run by Matt Balaun and set in the Scarred Lands
universe. Here are a few notes about the campaign.
- The campaign will be based upon the rules set forth in the 3rd
edition D&D rulebooks and the Scarred Lands rulebooks. There may be
some differences between what the rules say and what the GM says. In
those situations, the GM will decide whether to recant and go by the
rulebooks or to differ from the rules. Such situations will be kept to
a minimum by the GM, but rules lawyering will not be tolerated.
- All characters will begin the campaign at first level. Not all
characters may survive the first adventure. As a rule, please don't get
so attached to a character that your feelings are too hurt by his/her
death to roll up a new one and continue playing.
- Have fun. Happiness is mandatory.
- If you have problems or questions about the way things are going
in the campaign, don't hesitate to ask the GM about them in
- Munchkins will probably not survive the first couple gaming
sessions. Player beware...
- There will be no talking about Fight Club.
- That's it! Go ahead and create your characters. If you don't have
access to a rulebook or need help in creating a character, let the
GM know and he'll see about helping you out. If you wish to play a
spellcaster, cleric, or paladin, let the GM know, for you may need some
special information regarding your spells, powers, or deity. Once you
have your character created, email
me a copy for final approval.
- Okay, I lied, that's not quite it. We're ignoring the cheesy
spell/heat rule listed in "Relics & Rituals." Female drow spellcasters
do not necessarily wear skimpy bikini bottoms and pointed
brassieres. That's just a silly pubescent male rumor/fantasy. If anything,
by their logic, spellcasters should be losing heat, not gaining heat,
but that's another argument for another time.